Event: Innovation for a Green Recovery
Join us on Wednesday 21st October, 2pm-3pm to discuss how Lancashire and the UK North West is best placed to facilitate a shift to a lower carbon economy. Find out more and register here.
About this Event
The Covid-19 pandemic is an unprecedented global crisis, affecting individuals, governments and businesses across the world. The greatest challenge of our time also presents the greatest opportunity in generations. A chance to challenge the status quo and ‘business as usual’ mantra that has dominated our economy since the industrial revolution.
At this event we will discuss the importance of innovation in economic recovery, in order to deliver business growth, resilience and a truly green economy. You will hear from a successful innovative business reflecting on previous experience of collaborating with Lancaster University. You will also learn about a new £14m North West innovation fund which supports the development of low carbon technologies.
We have heard calls for economic recovery plans to embed environmental shifts and carbon reductions. The UK government has pledged to ‘level up’ the country as part of Covid-19 recovery but it remains to be seen whether these plans will deliver steps towards a lower carbon economy in line with UK Clean Growth Strategy.
Whilst we plan ahead into a post Covid-19 world, business leaders need to address another and equally pressing global crisis – climate change. We believe what is better for business should also be better for the environment. Join us to discuss how Lancashire and the UK North West is best placed to facilitate a shift to a lower carbon economy and how you can gain funded support to support your innovations.
The session will also include time for audience Q & A.
- Lancashire Innovation Festival is a virtual event featuring a range of talks, seminars, innovation tours and workshops throughout October 2020.
- Full schedule details of the festival are available at www.lancashireinnovationfestival.co.uk.
- All sessions will be hosted online through a variety of platforms and attendees will be sent login details through Eventbrite 24 hours and 1 hour before the session starts.
- Book your place here. If you do not receive login details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE NOTE: As this is a virtual event this session may be recorded and shared online at a future date.
- E-tickets will be available up to an hour before each live event