What is eco-innovation?
Eco-innovation delivers the goals of sustainable and equitable societies and economies, including sustainable development. This is achieved through commercially viable approaches that:
- Deliver new business opportunities and sustainable, equitable, growth
- Achieve more efficient or responsible use of natural resources
- Address climate change concerns and deliver a low carbon economy in all sectors
- Reduce impacts on the environment
- Enhance societal, economic and technological resilience to environmental pressures
The Centre manages the following eco-innovation projects:
- Low Carbon Lancashire Innovation Hub (LoCaL-i)
- Eco-Innovation Cheshire & Warrington
- Eco-Innovation Cumbria
- Low Carbon Eco-Innovatory – Liverpool City Region
It is also working in partnership with Recirculate (Africa).
All projects are part funded by European Regional Development Funds (ERDF).
A global network
Problems and opportunities may be local, national or global. The Centre uses and promotes its international network of contacts to develop tailored solutions to global challenges, based on the highest standards of research.
By 2015 the Centre had won recognition through two national awards.
The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation is “The Outstanding Knowledge Exchange and Commercialisation Initiative 2015” according to the UK Research Councils.
The Centre was also awarded the Environmental Association of Universities and Colleges Green Gown Award for Research & Development.