The road to zero; data analysis to manage the adoption of low carbon transport
Get paid to do a Masters with the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation at Lancaster University, The Sunday Times University of the Year 2018, and The Miles Consultancy.
1 Year Enterprise-led Masters by Research, Ref. No. 110
- Get paid £15,000 tax-free
- Have you tuition fees reduced. Your partner company pays £2,000 towards your fees, meaning UK/EU students pay £2,260, and International students pay £15,945.
- Be part of the multi award winning Centre for Global Eco-Innovation with a cohort of 50 talented graduates working on exciting business-led R&D.
- The Centre is based at Lancaster University, so you will gain your Masters from a Top Ten University, recognised as The Sunday Times University of the Year 2018.
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas.
The vehicle market is changing at an unprecedented rate with new technologies, such as electric and hybrid vehicles, legislations and Government policy being introduced at a level that companies and business drivers are unable to keep up with. Working with leading fuel management specialists, The Miles Consultancy (TMC), you will have access to a unique data set in a field that is at the forefront of Central Governments thinking. Within this project you will build upon research conducted by TMC and reported in the BBC to identify the real-world efficiency of vehicles by matching the right technologies to the type and duration of journeys being made by individual drivers. Therefore delivering real-world financial and environmental benefits, such as reduced vehicle emissions reductions and improved air quality.
This project may also provide you with the opportunity to develop policy recommendations for government plans related to the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test (WLTP) and the Road to Zero strategy aiming for at least half of new cars to be ultra-low emission by 2030. Understanding gained through this project will undoubtedly be in high demand as the vehicle market adapts and changes over the next 10 years. The project degree fees are sponsored, and you are paid a stipend whilst undertaking the research.
Enterprise and collaborative partners
The Miles Consultancy are a multi-award winning fuel management specialist. They deliver visibility; control and cost savings across a company’s vehicle fleet by consolidating, analysing and auditing mileage, fuel and fleet data.
This project is part funded by the European Regional development Fund and is subject to confirmation of funding. For further information about the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation, please see our website.
Application deadline: Midnight Sunday 24th February 2019
Start date either April or October 2019 available