Development of a control system for bird deterrence
Get paid to do a Masters with the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation at Lancaster University (The Sunday Times' University of the Year 2018) and Remvox Security Solutions Ltd.
1 Year Enterprise-led Funded Masters by Research, Ref. No.97
- Get paid £15,000 tax-free
- Have you tuition fees reduced. Your partner company pays £2,000 towards your fees, meaning UK/EU students pay £2,260, and International students pay £15,945.
- Be part of the multi award winning Centre for Global Eco-Innovation with a cohort of 50 talented graduates working on exciting business-led R&D.
- The Centre is based at Lancaster University, so you will gain your Masters from a Top Ten University, recognised as The Sunday Times University of the Year 2018.
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas.
This project aims to develop an innovative bird control system that will be capable of providing bird deterrent measures to disperse birds landing within the operational vicinity of the control system. For example, this technology could be used on airfields to prevent birds from entering plane engines and preventing the take-off and landing of planes. The system will interface with a detection unit, which will identify the types and number of birds that have landed in the operational area. Once identified, the control system will automatically deploy from below ground and activate the most suitable, applicable deterrent module to disperse the birds safely from the airfield area. The system should be self-powered through renewable energy to maintain a high degree of reliability.
Applicants should have, or expect to achieve, at least a 2:1 degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in related computer science, signal processing, engineering or mathematics with strong programming skills (e.g. C++, Python, Matlab). Previous experience in computer vision, image processing, machine/deep learning would be advantageous.
Enterprise and collaborative partners
Remvox is an innovative R&D company, which manufactures and installs class leading, specialist electronics, audio intervention and crime prevention products. Remvox has developed a unique range of patented products and is constantly seeking new ways to solve problems for existing and new customers.
To apply for this opportunity please email email@example.com with:
This project is part funded by the European Regional development Fund and is subject to confirmation of funding. For further information about the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation, please see our website.
12am (midnight) 15th July 2018
Start: October 2018