Remvox Security Solutions Limited
1 Year Enterprise-led Funded Masters by Research: Ref.No. 80
Develop a cutting edge video analytics system that will be capable of detecting birds landing within the field of view of a CCTV camera.
This project aims to develop a cutting edge video analytics system that will be capable of detecting birds landing within the field of view of a CCTV camera. The system will identify the types and number of birds that have landed using deep learning, neural network techniques and provide a trigger to notify operators that birds have landed in the vicinity of the cameras. The information along with a snapshot of the birds will be displayed on a user interface that is web-based and can be accessed via a device functioning on the Android operating system.
Applicants should have, or expect to achieve, at least a 2:1 degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in related Computer Science, Signal Processing, Engineering or Mathematics degree with strong programming skills (e.g. C++, Python, Matlab). Previous experience in computer vision, image processing, machine/deep learning would be advantageous.
Enterprise and collaborative partners
This Masters by Research is a collaborative research project between Lancaster University with supervision by Dr David Cheneler, Dr Jungong Han and Steve Pearson of Remvox Security Solutions Limited. Remvox manufacture and install class-leading and patented specialist electronics, audio intervention and crime prevention products.
By joining the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation you will:
• Receive £15,000 tax free per year
• Receive a contribution of £2,000 towards your tuition fees from your business partner. Tuition fees for 2017-2018 are set as £4,195 for UK/EU applicants and £17,510 for international applicants. Tuition fees for 2018-19 are yet to be set (see university website for published rates by year of entry). Candidates are required to pay the remaining fees up front at the beginning of the project.
• Become part of a cohort of graduates working with an award-winning team on business-led R&D
• Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas.
This project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund and is subject to confirmation of funding. For further information about the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation please see our website.
Midnight Sunday 18th March 2018
Start date: May 2018
To apply for this opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A CV (2 pages maximum)
- PhD/Masters Application Form
- Application Criteria Document
- Funded PhD/Masters Reference Form
The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation
This doctoral research project is one of a cohort of industry-led funded research projects from the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation, an international alliance supporting university-business collaboration. The Centre delivers high quality, business-led research to create eco-innovative technologies, products and services.
At the heart of the Centre are people who are researching, developing and innovating to address global challenges, including energy, water, natural capital, resource efficiency, food, and waste, to deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. Launched in 2012 the Centre and has won two national awards for its ground breaking approach to sustainable R&D and knowledge exchange.