Feasibility assessment of a small scale hydro scheme
Get paid to do a Masters with the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation at Lancaster University (The Sunday Times' University of the Year 2018) and Browsholme Hall.
1 Year Enterprise-led Funded Masters by Research, Ref. No.96
- Get paid £15,000 tax-free
- Have you tuition fees reduced. Your partner company pays £2,000 towards your fees, meaning UK/EU students pay £2,260, and International students pay £15,945.
- Be part of the multi award winning Centre for Global Eco-Innovation with a cohort of 50 talented graduates working on exciting business-led R&D.
- The Centre is based at Lancaster University, so you will gain your Masters from a Top Ten University, recognised as The Sunday Times University of the Year 2018.
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas.
Browsholme Hall is a Tudor house in the Ribble Valley, which operates as a visitor attraction and event venue. Sustainability is embedded in the estate’s daily workings, and the owners are seeking ways of powering their business using renewable energy sources. The aim of this project is to explore the installation of a small-scale hydropower scheme on the estate, and to determine its potential power output and carbon savings. The project would involve topographic and hydrographic field surveys, analysis using GIS and calculations optimising hydropower output, carbon savings and environmental impact mitigation.
We expect the successful candidate to have experience in some or all of the above, and an undergraduate degree in Geography, Environmental Sciences, Engineering or a relevant discipline
Enterprise and collaborative partners
This Masters by Research is a collaborative research project between Lancaster University, with supervision from Dr Suzi Ilic and Dr Andrew Folkard, and Browsholme Hall. Browsholme Hall is a Grade 1 Tudor historic house attached to a small rural estate. This has been a home to the same family for over 500 years and is open to the public for tours, conferences, events and weddings.
To apply for this opportunity please email email@example.com with:
This project is part funded by the European Regional development Fund and is subject to confirmation of funding. For further information about the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation, please see our website.
Midnight 8th July 2018
Start: October 2018