Developing algorithms to deliver fuel efficiencies across vehicle fleets
Get paid to do a Masters with the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation at Lancaster University, The Sunday Times University of the Year 2018, and The Miles Consultancy.
1 Year Enterprise-led Masters by Research, Ref. No. 110
- Get paid £15,000 tax-free
- Have you tuition fees reduced. Your partner company pays £2,000 towards your fees, meaning UK/EU students pay £2,260, and International students pay £15,945.
- Be part of the multi award winning Centre for Global Eco-Innovation with a cohort of 50 talented graduates working on exciting business-led R&D.
- The Centre is based at Lancaster University, so you will gain your Masters from a Top Ten University, recognised as The Sunday Times University of the Year 2018.
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas.
The vehicle market is changing at an unprecedented scale with new technologies, legislations and Government policy being introduced at a rate that companies and business drivers may not be able to keep track of. This could lead to poor decision making when it comes to choosing the next company car, which can have a significant impact on fuel used and emissions produced in subsequent years. With such an abundance of choice and conflicting advice the selection of a new company car is becoming increasingly complicated.
This project offers the opportunity to gain a Masters qualification working in collaboration with Europe’s leading fuel management specialist; The Miles Consultancy (TMC). Understanding gained through this project will be in high demand as the vehicle market adapts and changes over the next 10 years. The project degree fees are sponsored, and you are paid a stipend whilst undertaking the research.
In this project you will work with academics in Lancaster University Management School and in collaboration with the company. You will use unique data, provided by TMC, on fuel spend as well as business and private mileage to identify the real-world efficiency of vehicles by matching the right technologies to the type and duration of journeys being made by individual drivers (e.g. urban / motorway / rural roads).
This project would suit a candidate with a background in Management Science and/or Maths and Statistics.
Enterprise and collaborative partners
The Miles Consultancy are a multi-award winning fuel management specialist. They deliver visibility; control and cost savings across a company’s vehicle fleet by consolidating, analysing and auditing mileage, fuel and fleet data.
This project is part funded by the European Regional development Fund and is subject to confirmation of funding. For further information about the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation, please see our website.
Midnight Sunday 14th October 2018
Start: ASAP (latest January 2019)