Development of a cutting edge video analytics system that will be capable of detecting birds landing within the field of view of a CCTV camera
Get paid to do a Masters with the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation at Lancaster University (The Sunday Times' University of the Year 2018) and Remvox Ltd.
1 Year Enterprise-led Funded Masters by Research, Ref. No.80
- Get paid £15,000 tax-free
- Have you tuition fees reduced. Your partner company pays £2,000 towards your fees, meaning UK/EU students pay £2,260, and International students pay £15,945.
- Be part of the multi award winning Centre for Global Eco-Innovation with a cohort of 50 talented graduates working on exciting business-led R&D.
- The Centre is based at Lancaster University, so you will gain your Masters from a Top Ten University, recognised as The Sunday Times University of the Year 2018.
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas.
This project aims to develop a cutting edge video analytics system that will be capable of detecting birds landing within the field of view of a CCTV camera. The system will identify the types and number of birds that have landed using deep learning, neural network techniques and provide a trigger to notify operators that birds have landed in the vicinity of the cameras. The information along with a snapshot of the birds will be displayed on a user interface that is web-based and can be accessed via a device functioning on the Android operating system.
Applicants should have, or expect to achieve, at least a 2:1 degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in related Computer Science, Signal Processing, Engineering or Mathematics degree with strong programming skills (e.g. C++, Python, Matlab). Previous experience in computer vision, image processing, machine/deep learning would be advantageous.
Enterprise and collaborative partners
This Masters by Research is a collaborative research project between Lancaster University with supervision by Dr David Cheneler, Dr Jungong Han and Steve Pearson of Remvox Limited. Remvox manufacture and install class-leading and patented specialist electronics, audio intervention and crime prevention products.
To apply for this opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
This project is part funded by the European Regional development Fund and is subject to confirmation of funding. For further information about the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation, please see our website.
12am (midnight) 15th July 2018
Start: October 2018