Launch your career in private sector research and development and make a significant contribution to the global challenges of climate change and sustainable development with one of the Centre’s funded industry-focused three year PhDs or one year Masters by Research.
Current Funded PhDs
There are no current PhD opportunities.
Current Funded Masters
Comparison of rapid and current industry standard methods for the measurement of microbial contamination in a range of environmental water samples: Are rapid microbiological methods applicable for the control of disease outbreaks? With Hygiena International Ltd
Our funding means that:
- Your partner company will pay towards your tuition fees - see individual job adverts for details
- All of our researchers receive up to £15,000 tax-free stipend per year.
"The facilities are second to none and the research quality is high. I have produced a PhD in an area of study I am very passionate in... my research has such a technical edge I never imagined it could have. My expenses covered my travel to Iceland - it really has been absolutely incredible to work out there. I don’t feel I can put a price on the experience I’ve had!"
Rebecca Burns, Researcher with Isoprime
"I was interested in an industry-focused PhD because it would allow me to contribute to fundamental science research, alongside seeing a direct real-world impact of my work. It was exciting to be able to be a part of a unique scheme and I am certain having this collaborative experience will be of a great advantage to my career!".
Stephanie Bryan, PhD Researcher with Arcis Biotechnology Limited
"I felt very fortunate to have conducted my research project in the campus’ brand new Engineering building, where I had my own office space and made use of their state-of-the-art facilities in the building’s laboratories. The number and variety of amenities available within walking distance, self-contained in the campus, never failed to amaze me. I will miss Lancaster greatly!"
Jonathan Longden, Masters Researcher with Nucleotide Nutrition Ltd
You can also
- Read how other students found studying at the Centre
- See our FAQs
- Or, if you have any questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants could
- Receive up to £15,000 tax-free per year
- Undertake a substantive collaborative project with a business with a base in the Northwest of England
- Gain a postgraduate qualification at a reduced price, as your partner company will contribute to your fees. See individual job adverts for details, and see university website for published rates by year of entry.
- Become part of a cohort of graduates working with an award-winning team on business-led R&D
- Develop new products, processes and services
- Be in an enviable position to develop a long-term well-paid career
- Gain a postgraduate qualification from a world-leading university
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas