Interested in being paid to research? Do you want to gain a Masters degree for a reduced tuition fee?
Launch your career in research and development with one of our industry-focused, funded Masters by Research though Lancaster University’s Centre for Global Eco-Innovation. We are seeking graduates with a background in a wide range of disciplines from biological sciences, chemistry, communications, computing, engineering, environmental sciences, geography, mathematics, physics through to management to undertake 12 month Masters by Research projects.
Current Masters Projects
Comparison of rapid and current industry standard methods for the measurement of microbial contamination in a range of environmental water samples: Are rapid microbiological methods applicable for the control of disease outbreaks? With Hygiena International Ltd: Ref. No. 81
Why do an industry-focused Masters by Research?
- Receive up to £15,000 tax-free stipend per year
- Undertake a substantive collaborative project with a business with a base in the Northwest of England
- Receive a contribution to your postgraduate tuition fees paid by your partner business, see individual project advert for further details
- Become part of a cohort of graduates working with an award-winning team on business-led R&D
- Be part of a large, strong postgraduate cohort underpinning the development of radically new products and services
- Be in an enviable position to develop a long-term well-paid career
- Gain a postgraduate qualification from a world-leading university
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas
You could be part of a new cohort of exceptional Masters researchers working in a unique partnership between academia and business. Our funded Masters are a great way to learn, get paid, and kick-start your career.
The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation
The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation was established in 2012 to support Northwest businesses with R&D for a better environment. Double award winning for its work, the Centre has expanded and offers new research project opportunities. The Centre is part Funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Why Lancaster University?
Lancaster University is ranked among the top ten universities in the UK. We have invested over £450m into our campus in the last ten years, including our new Engineering building, the refurbishment of the Library, Physics and Chemistry facilities and a £20m sports centre and facilities, with a further £135m investment planned. We’re great for nurturing talent and links with industry; we’ve over 5000 successful partnerships with businesses. We’re global, with a huge number of research links around the world which provide exciting opportunities for our students, and we’re collegiate, you will join our Graduate College, providing you with a supportive student environment.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're intrigued and wish to gain further insight into our programmes at Lancaster, then check out our case studies.