Exploring innovative outlets for paper mill waste by-products.
Get paid to do a Masters with the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation at Lancaster University (Sunday Times' University of the Year 2018) and EnviroSystems UK Ltd.
1 Year Enterprise-led Funded Masters by Research, Ref. No. 91
- Get paid £15,000 tax-free
- Have you tuition fees reduced. Your partner company pays £2,000 towards your fees, meaning UK/EU students pay £2,260, and International students pay £15,945.
- Be part of the multi award winning Centre for Global Eco-Innovation with a cohort of 50 talented graduates working on exciting business-led R&D.
- The Centre is based at Lancaster University, so you will gain your Masters from a Top Ten University, recognised as The Sunday Times University of the Year 2018.
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas.
Deriving value from waste and promoting a transition to a circular economy is one of the greatest challenges of the current generation. We cannot keep taking, using and throwing away valuable materials.
The project will use a range of chemical methods (synthesis and analysis) to develop novel ways to recycle bulk amounts of waste into useful raw materials and functional products, primarily for agricultural use. This project will collaborate with an innovative company and aims to achieve quantifiable environmental benefits by creating new projects from this waste material.
The successful applicant will gain skills in analytical chemistry (including NMR, mass spectrometry), purification technology (including chromatography) and preparative chemistry, along with real-industry experience. An interest in analytical and synthetic chemistry, coupled with an enthusiasm for experimental work/ sustainable development is essential.
Applicants should have a degree in Chemistry (or related subject) at 2:1 or above.
Enterprise and collaborative partners
EnviroSystems, based at Barton near Preston, works with livestock farmers on the development of ecologically responsible and high efficacy product ranges. These include:
- Animal bedding EnviroBedTM
- Innovative biological slurry additive SlurryBugsTM
- Ultimate preservation and clamp-face stability with the OptiSileTM Range for grass, whole crop and maize silages
To apply for this opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
This project is part funded by the European Regional development Fund and is subject to confirmation of funding. For further information about the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation, please see our website.
Midnight 25th July 2018
Start: October 2018