Food for thought: evaluating a range of bio adjuvant products
Get paid to do a Masters with the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation at Lancaster University (The Sunday Times' University of the Year 2018) and Adgro Consulting Ltd.
1 Year Enterprise-led Masters by Research, Ref. No. 103
- Get paid £15,000 tax-free
- Have you tuition fees reduced. Your partner company pays £2,000 towards your fees, meaning UK/EU students pay £2,260, and International students pay £15,945.
- Be part of the multi award winning Centre for Global Eco-Innovation with a cohort of 50 talented graduates working on exciting business-led R&D.
- The Centre is based at Lancaster University, so you will gain your Masters from a Top Ten University, recognised as The Sunday Times University of the Year 2018.
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas.
With the world’s population expected to grow by over a billion by 2030, global food security is one of the greatest challenges of our generation. Almost 800 million people go to bed hungry each night, many of whom live in developing countries which face additional agricultural challenges such as limited water supply.
This research will contribute to significant advances in both conventional and organic agricultural practices. There is a heavy reliance on a range of chemical and biological inputs, such as fertilisers and pesticides, to optimise production across the globe. This project will contribute to the development of a new class of bio adjuvants, which are compatible with the delivery of biological control agents (e.g. microorganisms) and with sustainable and organic farming, which requires less water. You will develop and test non-invasive imaging techniques that allow the measurements of the efficacy of these new generation adjuvants in delivering target molecules to leaf tissues.
Applicants should have a degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or similar discipline.
Enterprise and collaborative partners
This Masters by Research is a collaborative research project between Lancaster University, with supervision from Dr Mike Roberts and Dr Mike Coogan, and Adgro Consulting Ltd. Adgro provides agricultural and horticultural specialist inputs consulting. Services include; market intelligence, new market development, product sourcing, and development and supply of adjuvants, bio controls, specialist nutrition and water management products. Adgro is based in the UK but works with companies which have a global reach.
To apply for this opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
This project is part funded by the European Regional development Fund and is subject to confirmation of funding. For further information about the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation, please see our website.
Midnight 18th July 2018
Start: October 2018