Get paid to research, gain a PhD, and start your career at the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation.
Our 3 year industry-led projects mean that:
- you get paid a tax-free stipend of £15,000 per year
- the partner company pays £4,195 towards tuition fees for you - this means no tuition fees for UK/EU students, and tuition fees for non-UK/EU students are reduced to £13,315 per year.
- you can be involved in exciting R&D while achieving your PhD
- you will be part of a large, strong postgraduate cohort underpinning the development of radically new products and services
- you can study at a world-class University in a beautiful campus setting
Apply now for one of a suite of industry-led funded PhD projects from the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation, an international alliance supporting university-business collaboration. The Centre delivers high quality, business-led research to create eco-innovative technologies, products and services.
Current 3 Year Industry-led funded PhDs:
There are no current PhD opportunities available.
How to apply
To apply for one of the industry-funded PhD opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A CV (2 pages maximum)
- PhD Application Form
- Application Criteria Document
- Funded PhD Reference Form CGE PhD project application form
- Reference number: (shown on the PhD Advert)
Join the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation
At the heart of the Centre are people who are researching, developing and innovating to address global challenges, including energy, water, natural capital, resource efficiency, food, and waste, to deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. Launched in 2012 the Centre and has won two national awards for its ground breaking approach to sustainable R&D and knowledge exchange.
The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation
The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation was established in 2012 to support Northwest businesses with R&D for a better environment. Double award winning for its work with businesses, the Centre has expanded and from 2016 offers new project opportunities for business working in partnership with:
- Lancaster University
- Centre for Ecology & Hydrology – A UK national organisation which delivers world-class research focusing on land and freshwater ecosystems and their interaction with the atmosphere.
- Liverpool John Moores University
- University of Chester
- University of Cumbria
- University of Liverpool
The Centre is part funded through the European Regional Development fund.
Why Lancaster University?
Lancaster University is ranked among the top ten universities in the UK. We have invested over £450m into our campus in the last ten years, including our new Engineering building, the refurbishment of the Library, Physics and Chemistry facilities and a £20m sports centre and facilities, with a further £135m investment planned. We’re great for nurturing talent and links with industry; we’ve over 5000 successful partnerships with businesses. We’re global, with a huge number of research links around the world which provide exciting opportunities for our students, and we’re collegiate, providing you with a supportive student environment.
Lancaster University’s Centre for Global Eco-Innovation manages the Low Carbon Lancashire Innovation Hub (LoCaL-i), part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
"The facilities are second to none and the research quality is high. I have produced a PhD in an area of study I am very passionate in... my research has such a technical edge I never imagined it could have. My expenses covered my travel to Iceland - it really has been absolutely incredible to work out there. I don’t feel I can put a price on the experience I’ve had!"
Rebecca Burns, Researcher with Isoprime
"I was interested in an industry-focused PhD because it would allow me to contribute to fundamental science research, alongside seeing a direct real-world impact of my work. It was exciting to be able to be a part of a unique scheme and I am certain having this collaborative experience will be of a great advantage to my career!"
Stephanie Bryan, Researcher with Arcis Biotechnology Limited