Launch your career in private sector research and development and make a significant contribution to the global challenges of climate change and sustainable development with one of the Centre’s funded industry-focused three year PhDs or one year Masters by Research.
We are currently recruiting for the following 3 Year Industry-led funded PhDs:
• Optimising the use of cement bypass dust and other soil alkalising agents in agriculture to enhance crop yields, with Silverwoods Waste Management, Ref No. 56
• Novel electrochemical methods for the production of cleaning agents to use in air purification, with Smart Separations, Ltd, Ref No. 46
• Towards more energy efficient thermal comfort in non-domestic buildings, with Hardy and Ellis Inventions, Ref No. 39
We are not currently recruiting for any funded Masters projects.
The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation brings together the expertise, resources and global contacts of Lancaster University and its partners to deliver research & development for innovative businesses. Launched in 2012 the Centre has won two national awards for its ground breaking approach to sustainable R&D and knowledge exchange.
We are seeking innovative people prepared to work in challenging roles, to embed themselves in a partnership between academia and business, to undertake intensive R&D on a specific research project for a business and add real value to the business, whilst expanding their own knowledge. This ensures the relevance of our programme towards current research-intensive growth sectors and encourages knowledge exchange, the early adoption of emerging ideas in science and engineering and embeds innovation at the heart of each business we partner with.
Launch your successful career in research and development with an industry-focused postgraduate qualification from Lancaster University.
- Do you want to develop your skills and experience to undertake a rewarding and well-paid career which uses your background in biological sciences, environmental sciences, geography or related disciplines?
- Have you considered doing a PhD or Masters but thought that was just for people wanting to be academics?
- Are you interested in how new products, processes and services are developed?
- Do you want to be part of a large, strong graduate cohort underpinning the development of radically new products and services?
- Do you want to work alongside the people in businesses doing your dream job whilst gaining a postgraduate qualification?
- Do you have what it takes to be a postgraduate at a world-class university?
- Do you want to play your part in delivering a more sustainable world and meet the challenges of climate change?
You could be part of a new cohort of exceptional researchers working in a unique partnership between academia and business. You will be working with a leading high-growth business undertaking intensive R&D on a specific research project to underpin the development of a new product or service, using this work as the basis of your PhD or Masters programme of study.
Join the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation:
- Receive £15,000 tax-free per year
- Undertake a substantive collaborative project with a business with a base in the Northwest of England
- Have your postgraduate tuition fees paid for by your partner business, worth £4,195/year (fees for Non EU/UK graduates are subsidised from £17,510/year to £13,315/year. See university website for published rates by year of entry)
- Become part of a cohort of graduates working with an award-winning team on business-led R&D
- Develop new products, processes and services
- Be in an enviable position to develop a long-term well-paid career
- Gain a postgraduate qualification from a world-leading university
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas
Why Lancaster University?
Lancaster University is ranked among the top ten universities in the UK. We have invested over £450m into our campus in the last ten years, including our new Engineering building, the refurbishment of the Library, Physics and Chemistry facilities and a £20m sports centre and facilities, with a further £135m investment planned.
We’re great for nurturing talent and links with industry; we’ve over 5000 successful partnerships with businesses. We’re global, with a huge number of research links around the world which provide exciting opportunities for our students, and we’re collegiate, providing you with a supportive student environment.
If you have any questions or inquires email email@example.comRegister now
Researcher with Arcis Biotechnology Limited.
Researcher with Nucleotide Nutrition Limited